[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Mijente members from Louisville, Kenucky, in solidarity with Black Lives Matter Louisville and Breonna Taylor’s family, unite in opposition to the recent murders of Black people at the hands of police and all the various forms of state sanctioned violence in Louisville, Kentucky.
Mijente is a national Latinx grassroots organization founded on the grounds that we are pro-Black, pro-woman, pro- indigena, pro-worker, pro-queer, and pro-migrant because our community is all that and more. In Louisville, Kentucky our members are currently working to fight back against oppressive systems, build a Latinx political movement, and utilize language and healing justice projects for our collective liberation.
As Latinx people it is our obligation to dismantle anti-blackness within ourselves and in all of our communities. The murder of Black people at the hands of State sanctioned and white sumpremacist violence must stop. That includes and is not limited to murders by police, immigrant detention and deportation. We must fight and organize for a world where Black Lives Matter and thrive every single day. We must organize for a world where white violence is not systematically encouraged or normalized by governments and elected officials. We deserve and must organize for a society that is invested in the health and wellness of all our communities.
Stand with us as we work to support the efforts of black led organizations, businesses, and activists in Louisville by taking the following actions:
- Donate to the Louisville Community Bail Fund
- Amplify the work of Black activists and Black Lives Matter-Louisville through online platforms and in person #blacklivesmatterlouisville @blmlouisville
- Support the demands of family of Breonna Taylor and local activists
- Join us today at 4PM ET to hear from Pro-Black Latinx Voices from Minneapolis. Learn how Latinx people are showing up against state-violence, the impact of the state’s response to the recent protests, and how to be pro-Black at this moment.
- Join with our Coalition Partners for Freedom Fridays! 4:30 pm every Friday through June in downtown Louisville. Line up for a car caravan at 6th & West Broadway or stand on the mayor’s steps.